Re: Headlights on 84 VW Quantum not working

Get a manual and the test light to check the lighting circuit and see where do don't have voltage. Is there voltage at the fuses?

I have installed 4 new headlights on my 1984 VW Quantum 5cyl. gas, but > the headlight switch on the dash only lights up the instrument panel > (dimmer works) and the parking lights. The high beam switch will light > up the high beams but won't stay on. I have installed an alternate set > of dashboard headlight switch and also another hi-beam/turn signal > assembly, to no avail. The fuses 21 & 22 are good. Is there a separate > headlight relay on the relay board? I bought the car used, am trying > to get it on the road for my son, and this headlight problem is the > only remaining obstacle to a passed inspection. There is a spare relay > (43) in the glove box. I don't know where this relay goes. Is there a > relay diagram that I can check?
Reply to
Woodchuck