Re: How to fit an autochanger to a Golf Mk4 (99)

Check the panel on the left hand side of the trunk, there should be a mounting space and wires already there. The panel will have two round clasps to open it.

Note - I have seen a very early 99 Jetta that didn't have the CD changer wires or mounts in the trunk, it was a base model TDI Jetta, first one to ever come to my local dealership (it was a compny car for the company I worked for).

My 1999 Golf has the mounts and the pre-wiring.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

I have a golf tdi on a 99 plate. I want to fit an autochanger to the

> orignal Gamma head unit but cant seem to find any wires run through to > the boot. Before I waste money on getting the auto electrician to fit > it, can anyone tell me if wires are already run through and if so > where to find them. Do you need an adapter at all > > thanks > > Jay

Hi Jay

I Used to have a mk4 Golf, now a passat b5.5 I think your car does not come with a lead already fitted.

Try this link, they sell changers and cable to fit the Gamma head Unit

HTH

Tony

Reply to
Tony & Debbs