reasonable price for A2 fuel pump?

Need to find a high-pressure (external) fuel pump for '86 Jetta (CIS-E). You know, the expensive one that goes in that little plastic tank?

Locally I'm seeing prices for new ones at $400US. What's in that thing... gold and plutonium?

Where would be a good place to buy one... and what should I expect to spend?

Tim Wohlford

Reply to
Tim Wohlford

I replaced one about 8 years ago and it was around $250 or so back then. I have heard they have gone up, so somewhere between $300-$400 is probably going rate now. You are talkinga bout the one that goes under the car near the passenger seating area? The other one thats gotten to from inside the car is the transfer pump IIRC. Those are much cheaper.

Try The Parts Place 248-373-2300

I've been ordering parts there for 15 years and have never found their pricing out of line. They always have the parts as well...

Reply to
Biz

Yep gold and plutonium and the car is dead without it too! lol

I know nothing about this place but the price sounds good! price: $195.59 Make sure that you have the 60mm fuel pump! You might have the 52mm pump, but I don't think so.

Consider used especially if you find one at the junkyard still in the plastic fuel pump housing. They go way too fast at the junkyards here in chicago.

later, dave

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Bimmerparts

shows the pump at$204 or $216, depending on if it is the 52mm or 60mm pump... Todd

Reply to
racertod

Try

They have your pump for $187.95. I've purchased lots of parts from them and have found them to be a reputable source.

Another source is

They have your pump for $200. I haven't purchased anything from them yet, but some on this group have recommended them. They have free shipping for orders over $50.

Verify whether you have the 52 mm or 60 mm pump before ordering...and are you sure you really need a new pump?

Reply to
Kent

Parts Place Inc has:

remanufactured pump for 85-86 Jetta 52MM: 119.95 Part Number: SN13543

60MM Pump reman. 85-86 Jetta : 139.95 Part Number: SN32677

Its all on page K-44 in the catalog.

Phone: 1-888-432-3548

Have them send you a catalog... its free, handy and they sell recycled stuff (which is great for a cheapskate like me)

Hope this helps.

Chris

$Tim Wohlford wrote:

Reply to
Chris Etzel

Yup, pulled it out, hooked it directly to the battery, and it kinda ran for a few seconds before locking up.

Thanks!

Tim

Reply to
Tim Wohlford