Removing A/C from a '91 passat 2.0

My A/C is baffed and I want to get it out of the way. I plan on removing the condenser and hoses - this should give me more room and help cooling of the rad a tiny bit.

...But the A/C pump is located in between the alternator and the rest of the pulleys. What is the proper configuration for a 2.0L 16/valve with power steering but without A/C? Does the Alternator drop down to where the A/C is? Any new parts required?

Help would be much appreciated.

Reply to
davekorn