Where is thermostat on a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am?

I need to know where the thermostat is located on a Pontiac Grand Am. I?ve been told to follow the hose from the top of the radiator to the engine and that?s where it?d be. But the only hose that I can tell coming from the radiator goes to the antifreeze resvoir, and then there?s a couple hoses that go from there to the engine. Any help would be appreciated and anyone who knows where I can get some kind of picture of it?s location would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
kingokrap

Think about this carefully... In order to circulate hot water from the engine to the radiator and back again, the engine has to have more than one hose. Look again.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

I had a 1996 Grand Am and the engine in a 1999 is the same and my thermostat was located on the driver side of the engine where the breather enters the engine. You have to remove the breather and the housing it will take about 30 minutes to change. If you go to your local library and pick up a Chiltons Manual for Grand Ams that will show you a picture and help you with your exchange.

Reply to
coastiein_05

If you only hose you can find that come from the radiator is the one that goes to the antifreeze tank I would suggest that you take your car to a reputable repair shop and not attempt any repairs yourself.

Reply to
BR549

kingokrap wrote...

Reply to