side window on A2 Golf (quick answer please!)

friend of mine just called... I sold her my old '89 16V GTI a few years ago... apparently some neighborhood kids shot out the rear side window with a BB gun (?!?!?!?!) and I offered to fix it *if* it's not glued in. (otherwise maybe the pros should handle it)

Can someone tell me if it's glued in or uses a conventional gasket? It's been a while (since I sold that car actually) since I've worked on an A2.

thanks!

nate

PS - all A/C equipped cars had tinted glass right?

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Gasket, no glue. Mine was pulled a couple years ago so that the stereo could be yanked out of the dash. At least they didn't break the window.

HTH, Jeffo

Reply to
Jeffo

Thanks, sounds like I can help her out then. Any input on the tinted/non-tinted issue?

thanks again

nate

Jeffo wrote:

Reply to