squeaky alternator?

Past experience suggests a slipping belt causes the squeaks... I tightened up the alternator belt on my 92 Jetta, and it was fine. While driving it though under load it started to sound (not too bad, but there)... when I had the belt loose I felt the side to side action of the alternator pulley. There seemed to be some play there . could the thing be on its way out? It still charges, and the light isn't on

Reply to
Chris