VW actually paid me!

About a year ago I had to replace my MAS sensor (or whatever it is called). Naturally I was pissed about it, even contacting the NYS Attorney General, but there was nothing to be done.

About 6 months ago I, and presumably many of you also, got a letter from VW that they were extending the warranty, and would reimburse for previous work. I was skeptical, but got my check today!

The dealer who did the work never bothered to tell me about the extended warranty; so I am an awful lot happier with VW than with the lousy dealer. (he has done alot more wrong for me to call him lousy)

Reply to
Toller

See, VW does have a heart! As for your dealer how do expect them to remember who got the MAF's replaced. we service well over 100 cars per week and we're a small dealer.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Well, it seems to me... Their records are all computerized. I would expect they could do a search on MAS repairs and call the people they have done one for. The customer would think "hey, they DO care" and appreciate it. My wife wouldn't know what the repair was for, and the letter from VW would have been completely meaningless, so a call from the dealer would have been real nice for her.

I am a bit bitter at the moment because I got a ticket for having an expired inspection sticker a week after I took my car in for its 50k maintenance. I assumed, incorrectly as it turns out, that they would do the inspection also. I didn't specifically tell them to do it, but "let me know what it needs" should cover it.

Reply to
Toller

I don't think a dealer can pick out 1 item like the MAF to extract the owners name or VIN, but our parts department can tell you how many were sold each month for the last year. As for your expired sticker I'm on your side. I'm always doing battle with our advisors to ask the owner if they want the car inspected because if it's missed, it's lost money for the tech, dealer, advisor along with the owner being P'ed off like you were. In our stated we can do inspections up to 90 days it expires. And... our inspection is free if you purchased the car from us!

Reply to
Woodchuck

OK, so now you have me interested. What model and year did they extend the warranty?

Reply to
RATZ

I don't have the material any more since I got paid, but I have a 2000 Golf

1.8T. They extended the warranty from 2 years to 5.

You don't climb do you?! There is a Ratz that climbs that is a real jerk.

Reply to
Toller

Sure they can... they do so on recalled items.

Reply to
93 Fox

Toller,

I have a 2001 Passat, so I guess not appropriate.

No I don't climb, but if I did I'm not sure I'd tell you I did.....;)

Reply to
RATZ