sticking auto shifter, it's not the pedal switch, any ideas?

Recently Ive had a host of electrical problems, shifter sticking in park, ABS and brake light on, AC not working, wipers not working. The dealer replaced the ignition switch and it fixed everything but the shifter. It's still sticking intermediately. The problem is not the brake pedal switch, that's the first thing I replaced. Any other ideas? Help please, the dealer just charges too much!

Thanks, Duke

Reply to
dukecola

I have an old Murrray riding mower. In spite of it being a cheap mower it works pretty well. Is the boycot the fact that they use third world parts now? Just like the bigger name mowers. I do have a working Honda, another Honda that needs a $100 in parts or so, and a working

20 year old Snapper self propelled, and the John Deere 870 with a 5 foot brush cutter. I currently have mowers the way some have VWs.

My starter works so do not look for that check from Jim.

Pencilneck wrote:

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

Reply to
dukecola

I own a 99 New Beetle that has the same symtons. All of the sudden it decided to lock in Park (no matter how hard or soft I depress the brake pedal. I can "trick it" out of Park if I turn the Ignition switch off and while moving it out of Park (with the ignition switch off), starting it; BUT if I move the selector lever back into Park with the switch on it locks in Park again (it also will lock in nuetral... Any ideas...anyone?? Thanks Bob.

Reply to
Dr Bob