Only 3 to 5 more weeks.....

In 3 to 5 weeks, we should have our 2004 TDI PD Jetta Wagen GLS. Checked with sales today and it has been listed as "in production"

Ahhh, the money I want to spend on it...

-Passat W8, Jetta Wolfsburg or GTI rims

-Golf front end

-dechroming the trim

-lowering springs/upgraded struts

-OE navigation system

-upgraded speakers

-MP3 system through OE sound system (not Phatbox, I have my own plan)

-dog hauling conversion kit (rubber mat, cargo rack)

-bottle of Blue Rhino :)

Reply to
Pencilneck

You disgust me. First you insult my Murray lawn mower then you get the car I was too impatient to wait for. I have to suffer my sluggish 2003 TDI 5 speed wagon for at least another 4.5 years before I can dream a PD. Well I can chip it in another 40,000 miles. But I can dream of the quieter Cummins which should be affordable when it is 5 years old. That engine went for obnoxious to VW quiet this year with the new injection or head design.

Those dog hairs love stick>In 3 to 5 weeks, we should have our 2004 TDI PD Jetta Wagen GLS.

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

Um, Passats and Jetta's don't share the same bolt pattern...?

Reply to
Matt B.

Well, I've got about 150qts of Castrol Syntec sitting in my garage collecting dust, so....

Personally, I think the TDI oil game is a bit overplayed. If people want to put super high dollar oil into thier TDI, I have no problem with that, but that still doesn't change the fact that people have been putting in Castrol Syntec and not had oil releated problems.

I can't say I've seen any car that has had a failure due to the oil used. What I have seen several times is failure from not changing the oil though, but each case has been a Passat 1.8T engine (what is with those people?).

I'm willing to bet my TDI's engine that the Syntec will be just fine. If I only get 200,000 out of it instead of 300,000 then "oh well".

Later.

Reply to
Pencilneck

Pencilneck. What oil are you going to use in it?. VW state that if you do NOT use a 505.01 approved oil , you WILL DO DAMAGE TO THE MOTOR.

This is a very strong statement for a manufacturer to say. Now to my knowledge there is NO oil currently available in North America that meets 505.01 ( Not to be confused with 505.00 )

What is your game plan on this??

Reply to
nosmo

Well this time VW seems serious

Have a look at this VW oil brochure. Sorry for bad quality image

David

Sorry - what's the "PD"?

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

PD stands for "Pumpe Duse". In a nutshell, this version of the TDI is smoother, quiter and has 100HP vs the current TDI having 90HP. It isn't new, but new to the US market.

Reply to
Pencilneck