Thermostat on Golf ?

Can anyone tell me if I'm correct in assuming that the thermostat on a 1994 golf diesel is under the car?

I think it's attached to the water pump of something RIGHT? Since my car is running HOT I thought I might pull it and see if that makes a difference. What are the chances that I can pull it out and then just seal the system back up without new gaskets???

Reply to
HotRod

don't run without it!

Reply to