Touareg

I have a 2004 V6 Touareg that is rated at 220 HP. The 2005 model is rated at 240 HP. Does anyone know what modifications were made to generate the additional HP?

Reply to
Pete LaFlamme

I suspect it is not much more than a remap of the ECU. What is funny however is that the 240 bhp version has the maximum power output at 5800 rpm and the 220 bhp version has it at 6400 rpm. Maximum torque went up from 305 Nm @ 3200 rpm to 315 Nm @ 2400 rpm. This will gain you an extra 5km/h of top speed and 1/10th of a second in the 0-100 km/h dash. Engine capacity and compression remain the same. It is still the good old VR6 engine isn't it? It amazes me how the upped the specs of this old engine over the years. first 2.8 and later 2.9 liters and later a 4 valve cylinder head and 3.2 liters of displacement.

Remco

Reply to
Remco Meeder

Could that increase but solely attributable to a remap of the ECU or could camshaft/intake/exhaust changes also be involved?

My VW service department does not have a clue where the increases come from.

I like the T but feel it is underpowered and would like to improve performance if it does not affect the fuel efficiency significantly (currently average 16.5 around town).

Reply to
Pete LaFlamme