VW DSG Transmission??

In the USA, does the Passat (gas) come with a DSG transmission or does VW call it buy another name? On the VW web site, the transmission in a Passat is call "AQ Transmission". I see that Audi calls the DSG transmission "S-Tronic". How can I be sure I am getting a DSG transmission in a VW product?

Reply to
Hammer

My Jetta has DSG, and it was called "tiptronic" on the new car sticker.

Wes

Reply to
Willy

No DSG is not avail on the Passat in the US or CAN. Only the 09G 6speed tranny.

DSG is avail on the GTI & the Jetta Deisel. STAY AWAY on the diesel. They can't handle the torque & have been blowing up the "flywheel/torque convertor" pretty frequently

Craig

Reply to
Craig

My 09 Jetta TDI , although DSG, is hopefully going to prove you wrong!!! LOL

I've read and been told that parts (flywheel) has had revisions.

Willy

Reply to
Willy

Thats the wrong way to think of it. You should be hoping it lasts till just before the warranty is up then lets go. Cause you would end up with a fresh flywheel & tranny as well.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

With a 40-50,000 mile or even 60,000 mile warranty the last thing I would want is failure at 59,000 miles. I have almost 200,000 miles on my 2003 with a manual tranny. I sure would not want to install a new tranny every 2 years. That would just be stupid. Somone posted that the service interval for a dsg is 40,000 miles. That means a fluid change every 40,000 miles which some dealers seem to not know how to do.

Reply to
Jim Behning

LOL the fluid change isn't too bad. Most dealers never even knew about the fluid change. Its was never mentioned during any of the training for the vehicles that were equiped with the DSG. If I remember correctly though it was 40k kms in Canada which is even worse.

Reply to
Craig