DSG box

Reading on several Internet forums it looks like this DSG box used on the AUDI/VW group seems to have some unresolved issues. Is that the case? I'm also wondering whether there's a better auto box to be used on a modern diesel car and whether this box will use more or less fuel than a stick shift. I never had to do any maintenance in well over 100k miles on my current stick shift or clutch. Eventually, is this DSG or any other auto box adapted to the roads found in hilly and mountainous areas? I'm thinking 20% mountain, 20% hilly, 15% city, and the rest being relatively flat roads and freeways.

Reply to
jess