Squeaking while in reverse

I have a Golf 2000, and recently, I've have somewhat loud squeaking when in back up...and only when i back up. When i press the break, it
disappears...but i also stop. I don't have this problem going forward.
Any ideas?
brakes have groove & ridges in the contact surfaces maybe? this causes a vibration, more when you are reversing, that creates the squealing.
try a couple of hard quick stops or manually remove the ridges
JMHO
--
later,
(One out of many daves)