Squeaking while in reverse

I have a Golf 2000, and recently, I've have somewhat loud squeaking when in back up...and only when i back up. When i press the break, it disappears...but i also stop. I don't have this problem going forward.

Any ideas?

Reply to
HT

brakes have groove & ridges in the contact surfaces maybe? this causes a vibration, more when you are reversing, that creates the squealing.

try a couple of hard quick stops or manually remove the ridges

JMHO

Reply to
One out of many Daves

Most likely its coming from the rear pads. Its not abnormal for this to happen on disc brakes. The easiest & cheapest thing to do is take out the pads & sand them down. Then lubricate pads & sliders. Also a pretty good idea to scuff up the disc a little.

Craig

Reply to
Craig