where is the battery located?

Hi, I have a Passat 2001.5 1.8T and I am having a few problems with it.

1) I left the car on a trip and came back to find the car battery dead. I am trying to jumpstart it but I lost my manual. Anyone knows how to locate the battery?

2) There was once a heavy rain and the water leaked into my car front seat. I looked at the vent and didn't notice any blockage. What else could have caused this? The car seems fine before or after this event.

3) Is it normal for a car's brake disc to rust after not leaving it there for some time?

Thanks!

Reply to
waspfish
1) Open the hood.

2) Sunroof? If so, the drains are clogged.

3) Yes
Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer
2- cause can be cowl drains plugged or ventilation air intake seal split. Depending how much water you got in the car it may have damaged the computer located under the right side front carpet, if you have an auto trans. If that's the cause your auto insurance may cover the repair. Suggestion... go to your dealer.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Nearly all cars have the battery located under the hood, i.e., in the engine compartment. There are exceptions, though. My 1965 Beetle had the battery located under the back seat.

Regarding water leakage, your drain tubes are probably clogged with leaves. Get someone to show you where they are. Then unclog them with something such as a coathanger wire. After that, check often for the accumulation of leaves.

Yes.

Reply to
Papa

I guess someone should try to answer your question on the battery location, instead of just telling you to "open the hood." I had to search around to find mine when I first got my Passat, also--not in the "usual" location.

On my 2003 1.8T, it is located under a cover at the rear of the engine compartment, just below the windshield, slightly to the right of center. The cover is removed by sliding it to one side.

Can't help with the water leak. However, my experience is that disc rotors do rust when the car is not used, but this is rubbed off by very minimal use. If you look closely, you will notice that the areas of the rotors not in contact with the pads probably also have rust on them most of the time.

Reply to
CSS