Will Passat rims fit?

I need to get an extra set of rims for my wife's Passat for snows and I'm wondering if there's anything funky (sizing, #lug holes, etc) on the Passat. I have a 2002 Passat, will rims from a 1999 Passat fit? I called the dealer and they say "no", but the guy didn't really sound like he knew what he was talking about. Also, what's the best place to get plain old steel rims?

Thanks, Matt

Reply to
M D S

The Passat's bolt pattern should be 5x112 and AFAIK the 1998-present Passats share the same platform (well, the 2001.5 and up ones are B5.5 and the

1998-early 2001s are B5 but one is an evolved version of the other) and I believe they're all the same bolt pattern. Not sure of the offset though.
Reply to
Matt B.
99 rims don't fit correctly. The dealer was correct. NO.

Reply to
Tom