Your opinion please!

'97 Passat TDI

165000 miles 40+ MPG diesel 40 miles per quart of oil, burning not leaking body damage: front bumper cover & left rear door skin + trim #2 injector not effect idel when line is loosened/disconnected. Thats messy. headliner down. VAG-COM/Bently manual testing has given codes that point to bad injector pump, but I think it may have been the #2 injector. MAS may be bad.

-------- Choises

1) Drive it till it dies. 2) Rebuild motor now. 3) Buy a used motor. 4) Use it for target practice. 5) Sell it. May be able to get more in scrap metel than for trade-in.
Reply to
willbr

Just find on of them American dealers who offer min of $4K trade in.

Reply to
Woodchuck
40 miles per quart of oil!!! I'd reinforce the roof, strap a 55 gallon barrel of oil to it, and scrape off your greenpeace bumper sticker for starters.....

Reply to
Jon Burrows