1989 S10 Blazer miss

Page 2 of 2
Re: 1989 S10 Blazer miss Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sat, May 21, 2005, 6:18pm (CDT-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (L8ndeb)
BTW, tomorrow I will check the compression on all cylinders. I thoght I would also pull the valve covers and see if what's up in there. Any other suggestions welcome.
Also after doing a compression check.. ...Something to think about if you have fuel fire and air at each cylinder you may have a stuck or partially stuck valve.. Also with the with the truck running all you need to do is use a test light and ground out each cylinder one at a time and when you hit the one that doesn't change the idle then there is your fubared cylinder... S Cook
This is exactly what I went through last week on my 89 S10 Blazer 4.3. The distributor had been making very soft squeeking sounds that you could tell were from something that was rotating. A stethoscope nailed it. Cap, rotor, plugs, wires, and module were already replaced. The Blazer would miss mostly at idle when your revs were lowest. After replacing the distributor, I couldn't believe that the thing even ran at all. It crunched when you spun the shaft by hand. Runs like a top now. -Bob