1995 S-10 Pickup ABS Problem

Hello All,
I have a 1995 S-10 pickup that has the problem of the anti lock brakes engaging on dry pavement at slow speeds. I read the service bulletin on
how to check the AC voltage on the sensor connector. The right front read approximately 350 to 550 ACmv. The left front read a lot higher...in the 5 - 6 AC volt range. Yes that's not a typo...I had to switch my DMM to the next highest range in order to read it. Does this indicate that the sensor should be replaced or can it be fixed by removing and cleaning it as stated in the service bulletin?
Which brings me to another question. I had the wheel, caliper, and rotor off today, but couldn't see how to remove the sensor. It looked like it was riveted onto the shield covering the toothed wheel. Do you have to drill out the rivets to remove the sensor? The service bulletin wasn't specific on how to remove it. There was what looked like a metal clip over the sensor. Do you just pop this off with a screwdriver or is it riveted also?
Thanks for all your help.
Dennis Thiel
A scan with an abs function scanner will pinpoint the suspect sensor as it looks at comparative wheel speed inputs. Check on this, but I believe the sensor may be part of the bearing.

-
It's my understanding that a scanner won't work on my truck. It's one of those bastard '95's that has the 16 pin scanner port, but under the hood it says it's OBD I compliant. Auto Zone's scanner wouldn't read it, but I don't know how good of a scanner they use.
Can anyone tell me the procedure to remove and reinstall the sensor? Or point me to a web site that shows?
Thanks,
Dennis
autozone.com/repairinfo, any full function scanner with an abs cartridge such as a Snap On mt2500 will check the sensors.

-