1995 chevy s-10

i need to drop the idle on my s-10. it has an idle- raise screw but thats it. it has a 2.2L with a 5 spd trans. TIA for any help!

Reply to
Ovrbrdisme

it's controlled by the ECM

find out why it's idling high (usually a vacuum leak) and fix it instead of mucking about

Reply to
TranSurgeon

. . ======= ======= snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Ovrbrdisme) cried out in pain: i need to drop the idle on my s-10. it has an idle- raise screw but thats it. it has a 2.2L with a 5 spd trans.

TIA for any help! ===== =====

How does it run otherwise?

Light throttle acceleration? Heavy throttle acceleration?

35-45mph driving? 65-75mph driving? Deceleration? While Towing? While going up hills? Cold starting? Restarting after hot? Engine temperature? Check engine light on? How long have you owned the truck? How long has it had the symptom? When was the last MAJOR tune-up? Has ANYONE done ANY repairs jest prior to the symptom showing up?

Answers to the above would help greatly.

Scanning the computer for codes would help greatly.

or..... we can start chunk'n money at it till the symptom disapears.

respectfully submitted for your consideration, ~:~ MarshMonster ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster