1998 Jimmy clicking noise

Hello all,
in my 1998 Jimmy, there is a clicking noise from behind the glovebox. it is the same noise that is made when the turn signal is on or the hazards.
it is random, stops when I push on the brake. Will stay on after the turn signal goes off or just in the middle of driving it starts to click, but no directional lights turn on. The mechanic says there is a relay box behind the glove box that needs to be changed. Before I go through the expense anything else to check for?
Thanks,
Dave

Dave, have your mechanic a)get ahold of a 'multifunction' switch(directional lever and all the wiring that entails). b)beneath the steering column, unplug your old switch and then c) plug the new one(or used-whatever) and go for a test drive, careful like and see if the noise/clicking is gone. If it is, install new one and forget replacing the relay box! Merry Christmas JP
Blazerman- That's the ticket, its an expensive part , my mechanic said about 250 for the part from the dealer.
Will search internet as he gave the GM part number.
Thanks, Merry X-Mas Dave