tire recommendation

Have a 2005 Colorado Zr1 crew cab and am looking for new tire recommendations. I had an accident in snow 2wks ago after never even coming close since owning it and I have 22k miles on the tire and want to get new ones. Thanks for any response. Scott

Reply to
SJ

Michelin LTX are hard to beat. Check the reviews online.

Randal

Reply to
Randal O'Brian

For snow performance, NOKIAN tires.

Reply to
X-rated Vermonter

If you want an all around good tire, snow, wet, mud, summer, etc. I have had great performance with the Bridgestone Dueler A/T. I had them on a previous truck and drove from AZ to Western NY in December and they handled all the conditions great. If you want something more aggressive, you could step up to something like the Dayton Timberline MT's. You can also look at Dick Cepek as they and Mickey Thompson have a great line of AT tires.

Reply to
azwiley1

The Bridgestone Dueler REVO's are pretty good in snow/wet. The Michelin LTX MS are good on the wet, but not so hot in snow. +80k mile tire, and lower rolling resistance than others.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Michelin LTX are hard to beat. Check the reviews online.

Randal

Any specific LTX?

Reply to
SJ

Michelin LTX are hard to beat. Check the reviews online.

Randal

Any specific LTX?

I asume you would want the M/S version. I don't live in snow country, but they perform great in the rain and very quiet, too.

Randal

Reply to
Randal O'Brian

This guy just had an accident in the snow... i don't think an all season tire is what you should be recomending....

Reply to
Picasso

No where did I recommend an all season tire, if you did a little research you would see that ALL the tires I recommended are either ALL TERRAIN or MUD TERRAIN. HUGE difference between them and an ALL SEASON. Plus everyone that I recommended is M&S rated. On top of that, I recommended tires that worked very well on a 2wd Dodge Ram, in Lake Effect snow storms in Buffalo, NY so I stand behind my recommendations 100%.

Thanks for your valued and valuable input..

Reply to
azwiley1

Funny thing too about what YOU recommend If you go to Nokian's web site and use their tire selector, for the OP's truck, you come with the Vatiiva AT tire. Hmmmm OR, You could go with one of the Nokian All WEATHER (read ALL SEASON) tire! Again, thank you for your input, but even YOU recommend the same type of tire.

Reply to
azwiley1

"SJ" wrote in message news:476d431e$0$2559$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com... Have a 2005 Colorado Zr1 crew cab and am looking for new tire recommendations. I had an accident in snow 2wks ago after never even coming close since owning it and I have 22k miles on the tire and want to get new ones. Thanks for any response. Scott

Are you sure the accident was caused by tires? No tire made can prevent a accident if you are overdriving for road conditions. Not pointing fingers at you because I have never seen you drive but don't be one of those fools that think because it is a 4X4 you can still drive 70 mph in the snow. Believe me, after 2.2 million miles without a at fault accident I have seen every type of fool you can imagine. Every winter I watch someone in the hammer lane going 20mph faster than everyone else then 10 miles down the road you see them in the median with that I don't know what happened look. I think your Colorado came with GS60 General tires. For all around driving these should be fine. They are a all season touring tire which should offer good control in the snow. As far as being aggressive taking off in the snow, probably not. Those big blocky mud slingers look cool but arent the best choice for snow. For braking and steering in the snow you want a straight tread with plenty of sipes. I just had a set of General's very similar to the GS60's put on my vehicle for the winter.

Reply to
David & Robin Johnson

"David & Robin Johnson" wrote in message news:AwEcj.41165$ snipped-for-privacy@newsreading01.news.tds.net...

[...]

No, I'm certainly not saying the tires caused the accident, and I'm sure human error played as much part as anything. I just want to cut down the modifiable risk factors. I've never even so much as slipped in snowy weather until that accident, and maybe a new better tire could have helped. Just looking for ways to prevent future problems. I also agree about the

4x4 and 70mph in the snow thing. thanks Scott
Reply to
SJ