2001 4X4 shifting question

Hi, all...
I am getting ready to buy my first 4X4 - 2001 Silverado.
The owners manual is missing, and I need to know the exact procedure for shifting into four wheel drive so I can make sure it works.
Help!
Thanks in advance...
Roger
rcav8or wrote:

What kind of 4x4 system? Lever on the floor, pushbutton on the dash? In any case....you can pretty much switch/shift into 4hi at any time/speed. To get into 4lo, you need to either stop completely or be barely moving, shift into neutral and then perform the shift into 4lo.
Ian
I prefer "barely moving" and "barely moving" REALLY means "barely moving" even though 10MPH feels like "barely moving" - "barely moving" means: speedo does not register!
GMC Gremlin