2001 4x4 2500 6L

I'm having trouble getting my truck to idle up once it's started. The truck idles great but seems like it's struggling. It's also getting bad gas mileage. I replaced the Idle control valve and when I started it, it idled up but quickly came back down to warm idle even though the engine was cold. What else could be causing this?

I also get this horrible knocking from the engine until it does warm up. Probably because it's not idling up first.

I do not want to replace anything else that doesn't need it. The idle control valve was $77.00.

Anyone else had this problem?

Reply to
mike

Fuel Injection Pressure Regulator.... Bad?

Reply to
Dennis Mayer