4.3 L engine - high mileage

Page 2 of 2

If you do decide to pull your jeep, just remember not to put it in OD. Just keep it in 3rd gear (1:1) Yes, my 4.3 would run like that also but the best I could ever get out of it was 13 MPG city. And that is after the air bleeds were retuned.
ZZZ
of course only tow in "D" not "OD".
What is an "air bleed"???
I bought a 1996 1500 WT 4.3 auto get between 15 and 16 mpg city I've had it about a year it now has 180,000 miles no smoke no oil consumption and has plenty of power. still original engine and tranny. So I have nothing but good things to say about this engine.