4.3L TBI Black Smoke

I have a 94 Sonoma 4.3L TBI 5 speed 4X4, that is spewing black smoke out of the exhaust. Sometimes it will stall and I can only get it restarted by
pressing the gas pedal to the floor. There are no codes or I should say there is no check eng light. I have been reading about this problem and get too many different answers to even know where to begin. Looking for advise.
Running rich, check for excess fuel pressure, vacuum to the map sensor, stuck injector.

-
Replace the temp sending unit by the stat houseng EMC is getting a cold engine singil