'81 Custom Deluxe V6--230 cu.in. ?

May be looking at a '81 Custom with a V6 that's supposed to be around 230 cu.in., does this sound about right on the size? The guy said it has a 'four in the floor', but keeps going on about some
overdrive non-sense... they did have 4-speed sticks that yr, correct?
Thanks, GC
They had 4 speeds but the engine if it was a 6 cylinder wasnt a V6 it was the straight 250 6 cylinder. Good engine, I used to have one, great on gas, and not all that bad to pull with having manual shift

Thanks Adam... sounds like a pretty descent truck. Really appreciate the info/help... don't see many of these around today, info is hard to find. Thanks again, GC
"Adam F." wrote:

on
Yes it should be a striaght 250 six unless someone put a buick V6 in it is which case it could be a 231 or a 258.
Could also be a 292 or 235 straight six. 292 is usually in the heavy duty trucks though.
--
Steve W.

"SnoMan" < snipped-for-privacy@AutoForumz.com> wrote in message
I did like those old buick 231's had one in my 79 monza

http://www.autoforumz.com/Chevrolet-81-Custom-Deluxe-V6-230-cu-ftopict136084 .html
http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pf0482