87 custom deluxe

can anyone tell me if an 80 bench seat will fit into an 87 pick

Reply to
Kayls

Is the 87 old or new body style?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to
Kayls

IIRC the bolt pattern is the same, but I'd take a look before you go on my word alone!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Nothing to do with this thread but I just picked up a 87 Custom 10. How can I find out about this 'old or new' body style and thus figure out what I have.

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Sounds Like A Porsche

Does it look like a newer Chevy truck (88'-98')?? If it does, it's the new body style.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"
87 Is the old style which I think looks much better. Pick-ups went to the new style in 88 and the blazers & suburbans stayed with the old style till 92 or 93 I belive.
Reply to
LARRY929

That's what I have but 'Doc' implied that there were two body styles for '87... weird if so.

Maybe they changed the lines and the demand was so great they started up again in the same year and sold some of the what was to be the '88 model in '87.

One would think there would be a serial number request every time you ordered parts.

Dave

Reply to
Sounds Like A Porsche

87' was the transition year, and IIRC they made both body styles in that year. Same happened in 2000 or 2001 with the newest body style: you could still get the C/K Classic or the new style.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

He's right early 88s were built in late 87

Reply to
LARRY929