91 S10 Blazer and Flomaster 40 series

Hello,
Wanted to know if anyone has installed a Flowmaster series 40 muffler on their 4.3 S10. Just installed one and there is no sound difference over
stock. Was I misguided by the shop I bought it from or is there more I have to install or remove. Cat converter still on and using stock 2 inch tailpipe... Please help
No sound difference?? Did you look underneath and make sure they changed it??

have

Yeah, you'd better check.. I'd think 40 series on anything would be semi loud.. I had 50 series on my 5.7 and it gave a nice sound but not to much volume.. got a friend who has a set of 30 series on his 5.7 and it's friggen lound.. heard several 5.3's with 40's and sounded great to me.. so if you can't notice any difference something is fishy.
Adair