91 S10 Blazer and Flomaster 40 series

Hello,

Wanted to know if anyone has installed a Flowmaster series 40 muffler on their 4.3 S10. Just installed one and there is no sound difference over stock. Was I misguided by the shop I bought it from or is there more I have to install or remove. Cat converter still on and using stock 2 inch tailpipe... Please help

Reply to
Greg Morgan

I find if hard to believe the sound is the same from a Stock muffler to a 40 series Flowmaster. Unless your stock muffler if totally blown out/BAD, and even then it should sound a little different. A 40 series flowmaster should be a while lot louder, and have a deep Rumbling sound. In fact go to flowmasters web page and they have Sample sound files on there web page you can download and hear what it should sound like.

To me it sounds like they Replaced a Muffler with another Stock muffler. Did you look at your muffler? You can pretty easily just look and know it's a flowmaster. It will also say Flowmaster in the casing. There also are a few companies that are basically making clone Flowmaster mufflers. They Basically look like a flowmaster and sound pretty much like a flowmaster, but they don't say flowmaster on them and the Quality of them is not nearly as good, but they're cheaper.

If you have a Converter on your truck, you can't remove it! If you have just 1 you should consider yourself lucky! There are some cars out there now that have like 6 of them on. Talking about a costly repair job. You may be able to get a Aftermarket High Flowing Converter to replace the one you have, but it's not going to change the sound much of at all. If you have a newer truck that's OBDII, then you need a OBDII converter, and there're like twice as much money. You install a Older type converter on a OBDII system and you'll burn it right out.

Reply to
JBDragon

Reply to
George