88 Blazer s10

Hello all, I have a 88 s10 blazer, that is giving me a headache. When I have the lights on and I turn the heater on high it blows the Ign/Gauges fuse and the truck dies. There is a blue wire that runs from IGN to the ECM B fuse (10 amp). I took the wire out of the ECM B fuse and the truck will not turn over. Thanks

Reply to
simpleman8

fuse and the truck dies. There is a blue wire that runs from IGN to the ECM B fuse (10 amp). I took the wire out of the ECM B fuse and the truck will not turn over.

I don't know about your blue wire, but it does seem important.

The high blower setting on your truck has its own circuit (apart from the resistors that control the first three steps). This circuit is controlled by a relay under the hood mounted right by the blower motor. Also, if your S-10 is like any other, it may need a new blower fan switch. They corrode, increase resistance, and then melt. If this is the case, in addition to the switch you will also need the pigtail (wires from the harness) and connector, as it will still be corroded whether or not you replace the switch.

Many people despair of finding such a pigtail, and resort to junkyards, but this is a not a good solution as the connectors in the junkyard are already corroded. NAPA does sell this part no matter what they say. I had to go to the distribution warehouse here, but I finally got them to find one and sell it to me. I imagine LMC Truck (they have a website) also has it, but I have not bought from them.

Jeff

Reply to
jeffNOSPAMgodfrey