92 blazer s-10 4x4

Please help :( I have a 92 4x4 s-10 4.3 l blazer.I rarely have used the 4x4 feature,i tried the other day and i heard a humming like it wasn`t shifting from 1 st gear
in 4x4 mode only ,is that normal?should it go thru all gears while in 4x4?In 2x4 mode drives allright.I`ll appreciate any info. Thanks
Were you in 4 Hi or 4 Lo?
Mine is an electronic swicht, green for 2x and amber for 4x.

Crusader wrote:

    You need to have the encoder circuit checked, and possibly have the encoder motor replaced. Charles BTW I do have electric speedometer drive Manial selection transfercases for S-10's. You know for those sick of encoder motors.
foget all that!! green is 4 hi and amber is 4 lo, you want NO lights for 2 wheel drive! i have 2 of these trucks
foget all that!! green is 4 hi and amber is 4 lo, you want NO lights for 2 wheel drive! i have 2 of these trucks