92 blazer s-10 4x4

Please help :( I have a 92 4x4 s-10 4.3 l blazer.I rarely have used the 4x4 feature,i tried the other day and i heard a humming like it wasn`t shifting from 1 st gear in 4x4 mode only ,is that normal?should it go thru all gears while in 4x4?In

2x4 mode drives allright.I`ll appreciate any info. Thanks
Reply to
Crusader

Were you in 4 Hi or 4 Lo?

Reply to
ken

Mine is an electronic swicht, green for 2x and amber for 4x.

Reply to
Crusader

You need to have the encoder circuit checked, and possibly have the encoder motor replaced. Charles BTW I do have electric speedometer drive Manial selection transfercases for S-10's. You know for those sick of encoder motors.

Reply to
Charles Bendig

foget all that!! green is 4 hi and amber is 4 lo, you want NO lights for 2 wheel drive! i have 2 of these trucks

Reply to
spectre750