'88 Chevy S-10 4x4

I have an 88 chevy s-10 with a 2.8 and Im wondering if I can put a 4.3 in without changing the tranny and transfer case. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Kevin S. Weaver

Nope, been there tried that. Gotta change the radiator too.

RJ in WV

Reply to
RJ in WV

Adapter plate between motor and transmission

also other items u will need-- Mad Dog

Reply to
Mad Dog

Here are some links u will need

's gonna b cheaper to swap tranny's-- Mad Dog

Reply to
Mad Dog

Short answer is No. Long answer is no.

Tranny is incompatible. the 3.1 or 3.4L GM motor will match with the bell housing from the 2.8L

Go to

and look through the billboard system and you'll find all you might ever want to know on this as well as any other imaginable engine swap scenario.

Big Chris

Reply to
Big Chris

No..

Tip: sell truck, buy the one you want. MUCH cheaper.

Reply to
burntkat

yuo really think it's wise to spend $600 on an adaptor plate?

REAL dumb move-- for about $1000, you could buy a truck with the 4.3 already in it.

Reply to
burntkat

not to mention s10-4x4.org

he could also search the google archives of this group. Question is only asked 4-6 times a month.....

Reply to
burntkat