92 s10 4.3 engine swap

My 4.3 has about 240k on it and is running like new. However all good things come to an end. When that happens I would like to upgrade. My question
would be has anyone changed out an older 4.3z with a balanced vortec 4.3x or w? I'm wondering if its possible using my old intake and injector system. Has anyone tried it before?
Message posted via CarKB.com