93 S-10 Blazer 4.3 W Exhaust Manifolds?

I finally got around to taking the cracked manifold off..what a job!Found out the passenger side was cracked in 2 places..there where no gaskets behind these manifolds.Why would that be?
Thanks for any info! Bobby

When they are new and flat, they don't need gaskets.
Al
Thanks Al,they must have been new at one time.I guess they cracked because the inner fender flaps were shot.Truck was in New York before I got it,lot of rust.I broke the starter solenoid bolts off taking it off.I'm replacing with a gear drive.Needs oil filter lines,power steering pump also.This is the third time I've taken it apart,so I'm gonna replace most of the things I think it needs.Looks like they would have came up with a better solution with the bracket on the power steering pump...maybe I'll figure a way to modify it.The left manifold I had to take out the front drive shaft.. just enough room for it to drop through. Bobby