94 S10 blazer back glass won't work?

Hey all, buddy of mine just bought a 94 s10 blazer with the button on the dash that releases the rear glass from the tailgate, but it won't work? we replaced the rear actuator in the tailgate and the switch up front but it still doesn't have enough force to open it. you can open it from the handle on the back, but not by the button up front. Thanks in advance!

TB

Reply to
Trailblazer

there's room to move the actuator assembly back and forth where it mounts on the tailgate... You need to monkey with it until you find the sweet spot.

Lane

Reply to
Lane Jennison

I have a similar problem with my 94. The latch will operate most times but on occasion I have to press the release button several times for it to unlatch. How to I access the actuator assembly? Remo

Reply to
Remo

pull the interior panel off the tailgate?

Reply to
Lane Jennison

Thank you. Being the bone idle bum that I am I was hoping for an access panel or some such. I will tackle it this weekend if I can drag my butt out of bed before it gets dark. Remo

Reply to
Remo

And, IIRC, that's 6 phillip's head screws. 4 along the bottom edge of the panel, near the hinge, and 1 on each side by the latch...

Reply to
Mike Levy