95 Lumina running hot

95 Lumina running hot http://www.car-forums.cn/s9/t27132.html My grandpa and I have been trying to figure his 3.1 chevy Lumina out. The problem is, is that it overheats. You can drive it 4-5 miles and
the temp will rise really quick, but will go down just as fast. I changed the temp gauge sending unit and thermostat It seems to be circulating coolant at idle with the cap off. I just wander if I have removed all of the air via the air bleeds in the coolant system, because when the temp rises The heater will soon quit blowing hot air like it is air blocked. If anyone has expirienced this prob. and has a solution please post it this is my granpa's only car.
sanwan wrote:

make sure you have bleed the system completely and it is full of coolant. If it was running hot before you did the work then I would ask is the cooling fans coming on? Is the radiator stopped up internally or externally? If not very possible that the head gasket is blown which would also make one run hot very quick. You also might see bubbles in the radiator.
Alan
--

NHRA POWERADE CHAMPIONSHIP 2007
THE MOST EXCITING SPORT THERE IS..