running too hot?

I have an 86 Cherokee, I have had some problems with it running hot, after flushing the radiator and putting in a 195 degree thermostat, it runs at about 220 according to my gauge on the dash. Is this still too hot or do I just know nothing about cars?:)

Reply to
Dave Heinrich

Dave I would find someone with one of those Gun type temp sensors and all they will have to do is point it at the engine in different spot's and check the temp's and see what they really are.Good luck and I do hope that you get it figured out>

Reply to
JIM LAIRD

That is about normal given the inaccuracy of the gauges.

Did a lot of crud come out with the flush?

You can basically figure that with a good rad cap and a 50/50 coolant mix, the boiling point is up near 265 F.

Mike

Dave He>

Reply to
Mike Romain