Running Hot

I have a 1987 W126 with 60K miles and I am a little concerned. The temperature gauge indicates about halfway between 80 and 100 which I imagine is 90. My previous experience with MBs was that the gauge never got in that range unless sitting in traffic on a hot day. Weather has not been hot (UK) and the traffic has been moving. Am I worrying unnecessarily? Oil and Water levels are as they should be and engines runs nicely. Any advice would be welcome Thanks Jim

Reply to
jimcollins123

I have a 1987 W126 with 60K miles and I am a little concerned. The temperature gauge indicates about halfway between 80 and 100 which I imagine is 90. My previous experience with MBs was that the gauge never got in that range unless sitting in traffic on a hot day. Weather has not been hot (UK) and the traffic has been moving. Am I worrying unnecessarily? Oil and Water levels are as they should be and engines runs nicely. Any advice would be welcome Thanks Jim

Reply to
jimcollins123

thanks

regards free MMOG free games

Reply to
highvoltage2323

You might want to try cleaning out the block and radiator with a chemical decalcification product. It could be clogged with calcium deposits.

Reply to
Hazey