96 Blazer wont start!! EDIT

I have a 96 S-10 Blazer... recently I had some trouble getting her to start in the mornings (when its cold or wet?). Acts like it wants to....tries to turn over but
wont catch. By the time I come home starts just fine. Everytime I had someone look at it nothing was happening. Never did anything except hope it would start. A few weeks ago it started happening again & I had a friend look at it. He replaced a temp sensor? Said it was bad & that it was telling the computer the truck was overheating therefore not allowing it to start? Seemed to work (or at least help) but.... Now, for the past 3 days my truck wont start! The battery is almost dead from trying. Ive heard everything from the starter to the fuel pump!! I dont know what to do...I cannot afford to take it to a shop or dealer! Please help!
I guess if you cant afford to fix it u should have never got it in the first place... .

Replace the rotor button and dist cap could be moisture getting in.

iknownothing wrote:

Remove the distributor cap and rotor and look for a metal plate in the bottom. It's got a sensor attached to it, and some wires going to it. See if the plate is loose. If it is, tighten it down and see if that helps. I knew of a '92 GMC small pickup (can't remember what it's called) that would sometimes start, sometimes not, sometimes die while going down the road. I helped the owner locate this plate and it never had a problem after that.