1995 Quest won’t start

I?m looking at buying a 1995 Nissan Quest that?s been sitting in a parking lot at work for about a year. The van had nothing wrong with it when it was last driven, but now it won?t start. I checked all the fluid levels before trying to start it and swapped out the battery as I?m pretty sure it?s dead after sitting that long. The van tries to start, but won?t crank over. The starter turns the engine, none of the fuses look blown, and all the electronics inside are working (dash lights, power windows/locks, radio, etc). It?s acting like there?s no gas, but I put a couple gallons in after swapping the battery out.

I was thinking that because it has been sitting for so long that it may need manually primed, but I have no idea how to go about doing that...

Any suggestions?

Reply to
brokenshadows

  1. Turn the ignition key to ON, not START. Wait a few minutes while the fuel pump pushes the gas through the gas line (you may hear the fuel pump running) and then try to start. If no start, then,
  2. Remove the air cleaner cover. Look for creature habitats. Also look in the air supply ducting. I've found pieces of Chipmunk nesting material, cracked nut shells, and a chewed up filter in the cover after only a couple of weeks of sitting idle.
  3. Take the air filter off and spray some starter fluid (or carburetor/throttle body cleaner) in the throttle body.
Reply to
Willshak

just verify inertia fuel pump beside driver wallside or fuel pump damaged for water and rust.

Reply to
Granado

Be sure no one is close to the engine in case it backfires.

Reply to
QX