96 Silverado p/s pump

Can someone either give me a link or briefly 'splain how to pull the p/s pump? I've got the puller set. There does not seem to be a nut holding the pulley on.
Thx Mike
Mike Copeland wrote:

If you have the puller set it should have directions. The pulley is a press fit and pulls off. If you have the multi piece puller - There should be a set of puller collars, a ring that fits around them and the puller sleeve and screw. The sleeve screws onto the puller screw. Then the collars get set into the groove on the pulley and the groove on the sleeve. The locking ring goes over the entire mess and when you tighten the puller screw it pulls the pulley off the shaft.
If you have the puller that looks like a two jaw it just locks into the groove and you tighten it down.
If you have the other style one piece puller it slips over the pulley in the slot and you tighten it down to pull the pulley.
--
Steve W.

Steve W. wrote:

Thanx Steve. I examined it and realized that there is a collar that is part of the pulley that the puller latches on to. Once I figgered out how to hold it all together and tighten it at the same time the pulley came off pretty easy. Next issue was figgering out where all the attaching bolts were under the muck. But, it is out now and I have the replacement in hand. Thanx again.

If its like the 95 remember how you took it out. Its somewhat of a jigsaw puzzle to get it back in.
Cheers
On Sun, 24 May 2009 15:50:03 -0400, "Martin Riddle"

Fortunately putting the pump back on is almost always much easier than taking it off.
--
http://desertphile.org
Mike Copeland wrote:

Yeah there are more than a few time I think mechanics should have an extra arm or two. Holding all the pieces of some tools in place while you use two other hands to do the work!!
--
Steve W.

Steve W. wrote:

It's back in and running :) The only "issue" was that I forgot to screw in the high pressure line into the pump before bolting it in and had to pull it out again. The second time it went in even easier :) Filled with fluid and cycled the wheel, refilled and road tested. No leaks. :)