Can someone help me out?

i have tried for the past 7 months to get any and all info on my 98 GT but haven't gotten anywhere i am trying to find a list of the options it shipped with along with any paint/body stripe combinations that may have come as a package on my car. I have tried Ford Canada but they keep telling me to goto the selling dealer and get the spec sheet for the car but the dealership that sold the car doesn't seem to have the paperwork anymore. so if someone knows if i can get the info i need by the VIN number please let me know

Thanks

Reply to
Stan Querin

Well, you have the car in front of, can't you tell what it has? I'm not trying to be a smartass. But all you have to do is look at what your car has, and compare it to what was available that year. BTW, those stripes are not factory.

Reply to
.boB

If you are lucky, you may find a line sheet tucked somewhere in the car.... look under carpet padding, under the back seat or behind the back seat backrest.... up under the dash (on top of the heater).... there's no guarranty that you will find one, but they sometimes get tucked into the unlikeliest places.

Reply to
Jim Warman

lmfao dont listen to this advice warman is full of sshit

hurc ast

Reply to
relic895

"Stan Querin" wrote in news:mwF1e.815030$Xk.4262@pd7tw3no:

I culled the VIN and VC (door data tag) info from the 98 Ford service CD into a pdf file.

Check the alt.binaries.pictures.autos newsgroup....

Look for the subject "98 Data tag-VIN info"

Reply to
Dinsdale

Thaks for the help but some of the door decal tags don't have the same codes listed in that file most of the are there but a few weren't even close

like in the Vin the 4th digit is supposed to be on L i have an F and under the headings BRK 1 non abs but the car has 4 wheel disc with abs R for radio type

9 which is supposed to be mid-lineAM/FM w/cassette/clock w/premium sound but the car also has a factory cd player

Axle type no code for it i have ME??

but all the other codes are pretty much bang on so i guess i will have to keep looking

Thanks again though

Reply to
Stan Querin

On the 99 cd I found the following info:

4th position VIN - F ? Active safety belts ? all positions, second generation air bags

-- Probably you have a late 98 with 2nd gen airbags.

From this site:

"ME" axle codes out to be a 3.27 Limited slip diff Radio - 9 . seems to be the same for some other years...could be yours has been upgraded..or dealer installed (does that still happen?)

The 2000 cd shows brake code 1 as 4-wheel disc with ABS..'99 had no code 1.

So..there you have it. Seems like the Service CD's aren't gospel...happy hunting.

DP Pics of the cars:

Dinsdale

Axle code ME is for a 3:27 limited slip differential.

Reply to
Richard