97 S-10 4.3 Drive Suspension noise

Ok guys, help me out, my 97 S-10 truck makes a noise in the front driver side, I dont know if its coming from the ball joints or what, i had a 94 S-10 before this one, and after I bought it, it started doing the same thing It doesnt always make the noise, but when I grease the lower ball joint, it seems to get worse. Plus my drive shaft is making some noise now, when i back up, it makes a squeaking noice, kinda like "squawke-squawke-squawke-squawke-squawke-squawke" its annoying, and kinda embarassing. but the Universial joints seem to be ok. Its making the noise near the tail shaft near the transmission. I really have never cared for the design of the drive shaft on the Ext Cab pickup's. My truck also after driving for a long time, or a hot day, or a lot of stop and go driving. The check engine light comes on, and it shifts real hard into second gear, and the tach runs about 500- 700 more rpms then where it should be. I replaced the lock up torque converter solinod, but didnt fix the problem. Is there a valve that could be sticking? Sorry for the long post guy.

and posts would be nice, thank you

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove

can't help you on the front end noise.... your driveshaft noise sounds like a bad carrier bearing, my brother's '93 c1500 x-cab made more or less the same noise when his crapped out.

the throttle valve could be sticking... the valve body will need to be drilled and sleeved to fix it. get your tranny looked at. IIRC, slamming into second will end up killing the tranny. I'm sure Gary could elaborate.

HTH, Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase