97 S-10 Repair Question

I had my 97 S-10 4wd, extended cab in for an inspection a few weeks ago (to a chevy dealer) and they told me that I would need the following: input shaft bearing replaced new clutch cooler oil leak (this apparently is common on the 4.3 litre V6 engines).

My question is this - is it worth getting this work done and how much do you think that this would all cost? I have considerd approaching Chevrolet and seeing if they would cover the oil leak since a few people at the dealer said it was design flaw that they've corrected in the newer version of that enginer..

Thanks!

Reply to
Cranberry Crazy

thanks! I'm am deciding whether or not to just fix these problems or trade it in for a 2003 crewcab...

Reply to
Cranberry Crazy

I had the clutch replaced in my 1997 S-10. I want to say it was about $700. My clutch slave cylinder was leaking. The problem with the 97's is that it's located inside the tranny. Included in that cost was basically a rebuild of the tranny as there was next to no increase in the labor to do this part. They told me that the tranny had about 30k more miles on it before it would need to be done anyway (vehicle had 70k at the time).

It was worth every penny. The clutch works perfectly and I feel better knowing I should not have any problems with it or the tranny while I own the vehicle.

Reply to
Todd Copeland