98 model emissions offline

Vehicle in question is a 1998 chevy S-10 Blazer. 4.3 vortec, with the LS package, whatever that means. And trailer package.
Took it in for emissions test on Jan 31. Can't read, accout of
three sensors being off line. Did you have a dead battery, they ask. Yep, a couple days ago. I'd left the dome light on. Needed a boost to get going again.
Back to the repair garage every couple days. And the three sensors still off line. They tell me to keep driving it, and they will come back after awhile.
Any tips on how to get them back online, sooner? This is growing old in a hurry, having to go back to the garage every other day. And my emissions sticker is expired 12 days ago.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Have you done a OBD2 scan to see what sensor are offline or out of spec? ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
The repair garage did that scan, and I have the sheet out there, in the truck.
Are there more than three sensors, and do each of them reset differently?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Due to the dead battery, it sounds like you have three incomplete drive cycle monitors. These are OBD2 system self checks that are erased if the battery is disconnected or trouble codes are cleared. Make sure the fuel level is between 1/4 and 3/4 full or the EVAP monitor will not run, you need two or more cold starts driving a mix of urban and highway driving trips of at least 15 miles, normal accelerations to 60 MPH with closed throttle decelerations to 20 MPH. There is a set OBD2 drive cycle <http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html * that normally runs all the monitors, but it's pretty near impossible to follow exactly, a scan tool can read incomplete monitors and armed with -that- information, the drive cycles can be tailored towards those incomplete monitors.
It varies by state program, most/some allow the test as valid with up to two incomplete monitors...
* Snocreep will have a hissy fit because this one is for Ford, but they're basically all the same...
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:21:18 GMT, aarcuda69062

You just cannot keep that inmature child in you on a leash can you? Who do you think you are impressing with your behavior anyway? ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
snipped-for-privacy@shiman.com says...

OH - MY - GOD! Aside from his pointing out these very lame defenses did I also not just point out he kept misspelling "inmature"? And what does he do? He misspells it again!!!
He cannot and will not fix his usenet program to keep it from adding extra Re's.
He cannot and will not spell check or proof read or break anything into paragraphs.
He cannot and will not cite sources for his outlandish crap. (his lame website is not a "source" mind you.)
And it seems he cannot and will not STFU!

The better question is who are you trying to impress? So far you haven't impressed anyone except maybe a naive few. You post for one reason and one reason only, to feed that over inflated ego of yours.
The Snoball Defense System. http://tinyurl.com/yupt7c
Sno on brakes: http://tinyurl.com/2ya3wo

Interesting how you answer to any name I give you. Anyway, the above was just a warning to the OP in case you happened to voice your usual ill informed objections.

This is not a very good place for your projections...

snoman...I'll tell you who he impresses....that's me!
I too remember your bendix brake misfire. That one still cracks me up. The only points you earned and cuda lost was for speed.
See history..... http://tinyurl.com/3d7pvp
Skimmer