Timing chain life in Chevy S-10 4-cyl engine?

Hi,

My 1996 Chevy S-10 has almost 200,000 miles and runs good.

But I never changed the timing chain.

Do these ever break and how often should I change this to be safe?

Can't find this in the manual.

thank you, TL

Reply to
Tom Levigne

timing chains last forever on them and i never heard of one breaking. in fact the timing chain will be the last thing not broken on that truck so you really never need to change it.

Reply to
Digby McSnuffernutter