a/c compressor ?

I have a 94 s10 blazer that has/had r12.last summer the freon started to leak out of the compressor on the top where it bolts together. I unplugged it immediately and recently started to think about doin the
conversion. I figured i have to get a new compressor but was searching on advance auto parts web site and they show a Ready Aire 2926 seal kit for like 15 bucks. Is it possible to just unbolt the compressor ..seperate it and replace the seals and reuse it? http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDetails.asp?SourceArea=SHOP&SourcePage=SEARCHRESULTS&MfrCode=EVP&MfrPartNumber )26&PartType27&PTSet=A
that's the link for the kit.
Any thoughts???
thanks mike 94 blazer s10 85 cabriolet
Disassembling the compressor:
Without the proper tools will at the very least;
Cause it to lock up when you reassemble it.
Leak anyway.
Leak in a few weeks.
It's a tightly toleranced unit, they don't lend themselves well to rebuilding. Unless they are not terribly worn, as most likely the case with yours. But the end plates and the housings warp.
I would consider a new unit, because the longevity of a used unit isn't much longer than a season.
I hope this helps?
Refinish King
PS Listening to Jabs, is like letting an unlicensed proctologist talk you into a colonoscopy! You'll feel two hands on your shoulder, and feel a wet wiggly tongue on your colon!

Hey Refinish King, After reading your post I have no doubts that you must have lots of experience and are an expert on "wiggly tongue in colons". However, I don't think you know jack-shit about auto a/c. Now go wiggle your tongue up somebody else's colon.
Jabs

hey Jabs, you know what dude? I'm start'n to take a like'n to you.
Yeah....now that I think about it.....me and you would hit off jest great.
hey....... tell you whut...... how bout...... me and you meeting up sometime and have'n a couple drinks. On me!!! . . . . . What.....???? You don't drink???
Yer momma would git mad???
She'd SPANK you???
No........take away yer allowance???
and what...???
NO!!!! make you go to bed by 9????
man..... i'm sorry dude..... i didn't realize.... damn shame too..... i wuz gonna invite "the doc" , KJ, burntkat, and King along too.
yeah...... we'd have shown you a real good time.
ggrrrrrrr
MarshMonster ~wonders if KJ still has them chains from the last time they drug someone out drink'n in with his truck~ =======

Thanks for the humurous replies. I figured i'd replace but hey a 10 buck seal kit sounded attractive also. Now to get that tongue image out of my head. geez
thanks mike
Now we know what Jabs does in his spare time:
While not getting Jabbed in his COLON!
Refinish King

except that seal kit is for the front clutch area seal.

No, Really?
You'll have to go to the dealer for a compressor seal kit, and you still need special tools to disassemble the compressor!
you need special tools just to remove the driven plate of the clutch, and reinstall it to set the proper air gap. Then you need a seal remover/installer to remove the old seal and install the new one, without deforming it.
This isn't to be an asshole, but I told you this the first time. Would you rather listen to someone with thirty five years experience, who has rebuilt GM compressors. Or Listen to a guy who's name is fashioned after some kind of shit stabber?
trying to fix the compressor without a lathe and a surface grinder, after dismantling it, with the correct tools. Will not work very well.
Sincerely,
Refinish King
PS I think this link is a good link: www.carcool.com www.karkool.com www.rymerradiators.com One of then should work, the prices are great, and they ship nationwide at 30% below jobber.

None of them work.