Advice please...

Hi, can you please recommend make and model for a pickup...
2007 or 2008 towing 2800 lb trailer ~160 miles at a time long lasting low maintenance best value for the money
automatic gas or diesel nothing fancy
I think a 1/2 ton would be right but I need suggestions for the best make and model.
Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

07 gmc duramax-- LBZ- 2WD- SLE last forever with correct maintance- towing that small of load probably wont affect mpg by one or two. probably get 18-20 MPG AT 65 TOWING. I GOT ONE SO I KNOW.
Larry

A 3/4 ton pickup with a tow rating of around 16,000 pounds to tow a 2,800 pound trailer! In my opinion that is a lot of overkill. Almost any 1/2 pickup ton would be more than sufficient, although he might want to limit it to V8's.
Ron who is very happy with his '06 Chevy Duramax crew cab longbed dually towing near the max rating

I agree on the 1/2 ton, but get the 3.73 rear if you are towing part time.
Cheers
I'd prefer a bit more beef on the rear spring myself. No one says that it has to be a 16,000 pound rating, but it is nice to have the ponies when you need them, and with the Duramax you really can't go wrong. With that mileage, puuuleeese!
My 2500 has the 6 liter and is not friendly to me when I tow.